Wednesday 13 October 2010

A shameful performance

Dear readers, it is with great shame and feelings of guilt that I must inform you that I have done no writing today.  Wait, WAIT...before you all unfollow me (!)...let me tell you that I have instead spent time working out with the Wii, so it hasn't all been time wasted! 

I've had Wii Fit for ages now but go through phases of using it all the time then ignoring it for weeks, possibly because it's a bit too casual and allows you to choose what you'll do (when offered with that choice, I'm never going to pick the rock hard exercises!).  For some reason this morning I felt the urge to put it on, when I fired it up the little Balance Board character told me that it had been 101 days since our last session.  Eep!!  It's a good job he doesn't have a face because if he did I think he would have been giving me an angry scowl...

So I did half an hour of Wii Fit and managed to burn enough calories to cancel out a piece of toast (or so it told me) when the postman turned up with an Amazon parcel which contained a game I'd ordered ages ago and forgotten about - EA Active.  I figured I'd give it a quick whirl - just to see what it was like before I buckled down to work you understand - created my virtual me (with some very fetching gym kit that I'd quite like in real life!) and started an 'easy' workout.  All I can say is: IT'S A LOT TOUGHER THAN WII FIT!  If you want to work out at home, this is the game to get!  The programme I did took about 25 minutes but it really got my heart going with a mixture of stretching, sports games (shooting hoops etc) and cardio.  There are video guides to all the different exercises and constant feedback from the virtual trainer and it's all set in a variety of nice backdrops (if you have time to look at them!) with a cool music playlist. 

Look at that - I've turned into a games reviewer!  Maybe that's an avenue of writing I should pursue..?  ;o)

I hereby solemnly swear to do better and WRITE next week.  Adios till then!
.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the EA Active review. We have Wii Fit, but I can't tell you the last time anyone used it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's shocking isn't it? You buy it full of good intentions but then even getting the balance board out is more effort than you want to make so it stays down the side of the TV...

    I must mention that I've got Just Dance 2 now as well, so will definitely be burning a few calories to that!!

    ReplyDelete