Wednesday 15 September 2010

Archaeology Rocks!

Sorry about the rubbish pun in the title - I didn't really want to put something like 'hey guess what, I did no writing today!'.  Unfortunately though, that is the case - I have the final (indeed, only) assignment of my Open University archaeology course due in October, but I'm somewhat behind with the coursework so today has been spent in a vague attempt to catch up.

I'm hoping that some of the stuff I learn through the course will come in useful for my writing, although I'm aware that a detailed description of the geophysical tests carried out to determine a site would probably not be the most gripping of reads!  I don't have any story ideas that are specifically archaeology-related in mind, but if I should be struck with one in the future then at least this might add a flavour of authenticity to it...

On an 'archaeology meets writing' note, happy 120th birthday Agatha Christie!  One of my main writing heroes - I adore Poirot - if I get to be even a fraction as good as Agatha I'll be a very happy girl...

Agatha ChristieImage via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment