Wednesday 9 March 2011

Is this how it feels to be famous?

What a strange day it's been.  I was checking the stats for the blog and was amazed to see that one post had suddenly had 70+ views in the last week.  What on earth?!  Digging a little deeper, it appears that since I wrote about Microsoft OneNote a few weeks ago, Bill Gates & Co must have done a trawl for blogs containing 'OneNote' as I am now in a list of links on their main site!  I'm not sure whether to be pleased or slightly worried...but I think I'll go with pleased.  The old phrase 'any publicity is good publicity' has to start somewhere right?  Though I do wonder how many of the people who clicked through to me were annoyed when they found it wasn't a techie blog - apologies to any of you who may still be reading in the hope of finding something more technical... 

I've been out of sorts today.  There is some stuff going on at the moment that's pretty stressful (nothing life-threatening, but I'll be relieved when it's sorted), and today has been quite an important day in relation to it.  Sorry I can't say more, but there are reasons why.  Anyway, because of that I just haven't been able to settle - much less get into a writing frame of mind - so I've been doing research for Hitched instead. 

I like research - I enjoy being methodical and find it relaxing to take things and put them into order ("perhaps you should have tidied the house then" I hear my mum suggesting in my subconscious).  You know how people usually complain about having to do the filing?  I love it!  Putting things in the place they belong is just so satisfying, I'd love to be a professional filer - going round doing all the organising that other people don't want to.  ;oD  Until that job is invented though, I've been trawling the web looking for the official tourism and government websites for each US state, so that I can work through them picking out the information relevant to the book.  But my gosh, it's given me the travel bug...I haven't even explored each site fully yet, but just the pictures on their home pages make me want to visit every single state.  Let's hope the book does well and maybe I can take it on tour! 

Till Sunday then, goodbye.  Enjoy the rest of your week!    
.

No comments:

Post a Comment