Wednesday 8 December 2010

Frustration...

Our snow (such as it was - it never got beyond about an inch deep) has gone and today's predicted fall never came, so my hope that I would be able to sit at the table and gaze out at a beautiful winter wonderland somewhat fell through.  It's probably a good thing though as the more my eyes are looking out the window, the less they are looking at the laptop! 

Kicked off today with some studying - I was able to finish the first section of the 'Fifth Century Athens' block, which seemed to go on forever, so am now only one week behind schedule instead of two (argh!).  Refueled with a sausage butty and it was on to some writing.  I was hoping to re-channel my 'NaNo' frame of mind and put myself Into The Zone where the words just flowed, but it didn't quite work out.  I suspect that my husband going through the TV listings magazine for the Christmas period and asking me whether I'd want to watch this, that or the other did not help.  Seriously, I love him and all, but he does not assist with getting the creative vibes going in the room.  I need to be alone to write!  :oS

Anyway, that aside I did manage to get about 400 words down towards Project NaNo, bringing the new total to 10,471.  The next 10k day has been scheduled for next Wednesday (15th) so I will definitely take that up again (it was great fun last time, as well as productive!).  I just need to remember to send hubby off on some sort of mission for the day.  Perhaps he could do his Christmas shopping? 

Wishing you a warm and productive week! 
.

2 comments:

  1. Are you studying with the OU? I'm doing A210 Approaching Literature and at the moment we're focusing on poetry. The TMA is an analysis of Coleridge's 'Frost at Midnight' and even though I hated it to begin with, the more I've read it, the more I've analysed it, the more I seem to like it and notice how clever it is. Makes me wonder how much other poetry I've cast aside without giving it proper import.
    I agree about having to be alone to write. I tried yesterday to write with my son at my side (he was off sick) and I barely got a sentence down he was yapping so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm an OU-er...I'm on A219 'Exploring the Classical World' (I did AA100 last year and have done a couple of short courses too).

    I think I've seen a couple of friends posting on Facebook about that Coleridge TMA, it sounds like a toughie. Are you finding that level 2 is quite a jump from level 1? I like how it's more in-depth, but gosh those TMAs are a step up aren't they?! You definitely need to be in a Distraction Free Zone to tackle them... Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete